When Clients Say “I Thought It Would Be Easy to Raise a Few Goats and Sheep…”
This webinar will address common diseases, conditions, and various challenges often faced by sheep and goat owners. Dr. Robinson will focus on issues relevant to amateur owners and those involved in 4H and show animal activities, and provide insights into a few common issues that even seasoned owners may struggle with.
Additionally, Dr. Robinson will cover:
- Feed, Bloat, and GI Issues: Addressing the question, "Because you fed them what?"
- Urolithiasis, Parasites, Listeria, Tetanus, Ketosis, etc.: Shedding light on when “Something’s not right, my goat just stands there and won’t move…”
- Predator Attacks: Addressing the common misconception of, "I thought my dogs would just play with them..."
- Drugs and Withdrawal Times: Crucial information for those saying, "My show and sale are next week..."
- Skin Crud: Exploring solutions for concerns in spite of the fact that "We wash every day, and we shear them down to the hide every week..."
Amy Robinson, DVM
Dr. Amy Robinson grew up on a dairy farm in central Wisconsin. She received her BS in Animal Science from UW River Falls in 1997 and her DVM from UW Madison in 2001. She has been in private practice in Iowa County, WI since. She currently owns and operates Military Ridge Veterinary Service in Dodgeville with two partner veterinarians, Drs. Kevin Johnson and Matt Byers.