The History of WVMA
The Wisconsin Veterinary Medical Association (WVMA) was founded in 1915, when the Wisconsin Society of Veterinary Graduates and the Wisconsin State Veterinary Society merged. The WVMA held its first annual meeting in 1916. It was at that time that the association’s name, constitution and bylaws were adopted.
Over the years, the WVMA has continued to evolve. Today, WVMA membership is open to entire clinic staff teams to expand our reach and allow more to benefit from our strong advocacy and continuing education programs. Although the association has seen many changes, the focus has remained constant – to promote the benefits of veterinary medicine and ensure the health and safety of animals and those who care for them.