Renew Your 2023 Membership by November 15 to Be Eligible
By Jo-ell Carson, Executive Director, Wisconsin Veterinary Medical Association
This year has been busy for WVMA members. The need for veterinary services is at an all-time high. This drives the need to keep our Wisconsin veterinary community closely connected. In 2022, members connected and shared their knowledge and challenges at five free Reconnect events throughout the state. Members invited their staff to events and welcomed University of Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine students during orientation. Members attended online continuing education courses and received valuable information through member communications. Members helped advocate for telehealth language within the new administrative rules. Through calls and emails to the WVMA, we connected many members on a one-to-one basis to discuss and strategize similar challenges. As we near the end of 2022, we are excited for the connections yet to happen in 2023.
CE Palooza Discount for Early Renewals
To thank you for your commitment to veterinary medicine in Wisconsin, we are again offering a discount on all CE Palooza courses. Given last year’s popularity of the inaugural online event (nearly 900 registrations), we are bringing CE Palooza back beginning November 29. Receive a 10 percent discount on all CE Palooza courses through the end of the year when you renew your 2023 WVMA membership before November 15.
Here’s what you can expect:
• A minimum of sixteen hours of live webinars with CE credit
• Eight hours of small animal and eight hours of large animal topics
• Tuesday and Thursday evening webinars between Nov. 29-Dec. 8
• Webinars offered OnDemand after live event
Similar to last year, we will continually update and announce the CE Palooza courses as they become available. Thank you for responding to our survey and offering great educational ideas and speakers. Watch for updates via email and on the wvma.org homepage.
Four ways to renew your 2023 Membership
When renewing your membership, the WVMA has several options:
• Email: WVMA will email a link with your login credentials to renew online (you may need to check your spam).
• WVMA.org: Click ‘Login’ in the upper right corner. Enter your username and password and follow the steps to renew online.
• Mail: The WVMA will mail invoices. As always, you can renew your membership with a mailed check.
• Phone: If you prefer to have us renew your membership for you, call the WVMA office at 608-257-3665 during business hours.
As we near the end of the year, the WVMA staff is reminded that any association is only as strong as the members within it—and the WVMA is fortunate to have a wonderfully engaged, strong group of members. We are fortunate to work for each of you as a connection point to legislation, education, information, industry partners, and most importantly, to each other. We look forward to 2023 as we work together to further advance veterinary medicine in Wisconsin.